Entries open for the ADF Innovation Awards and PCD Innovation Awards
Entries have officially opened for the ADF Innovation Awards and PCD Innovation Awards, launching the yearly call for the world’s most innovative new packaging. The awards programmes are managed by ADF&PCD and PLD Paris 2021, the leading event for the packaging of beauty products, premium drinks, aerosols and dispensing systems.
The highest award for innovation teams
The ambition of the ADF&PCD and PLD Innovation Awards is to highlight the best in packaging over the last 12 months. The ADF&PCD Innovation Awards, alongside the PLD Innovation Awards – which will be awarded for the first time this year – will demonstrate that brands and suppliers are, more than ever, innovating every aspect of their packaging, from technical aspects to aesthetic and sensoriality. The Awards encourage the industry to push the limits of creativity, including new technologies and materials, and to develop sustainable solutions to offer the best possible consumer experience of their brand.
Christelle ANYA, Community & Content Director, comments: “The Innovation Awards have been a key pillar of our event each year since the first edition of PCD in 2001. They are a showcase for innovations that are recognized and valued by industry and by decision makers at the key brands. These innovations in the beauty, luxury, drinks and FMCG markets provide companies exceptional recognition and visibility. This year, we also enjoy to extend these Awards with the PLD Innovation Awards. We will also display, for the first time, a gallery of the 2021 Innovations Awards’ finalists”.
Each year, winners of the ADF and PCD Innovation Awards are selected by two specialist juries made up of packaging directors at the most influential brands in the market, alongside technical packaging experts and journalists from key titles.
Their mission is to identify, among the entries in the competition, the new packs that demonstrate technical innovation and excellence in production – looking at materials, gesture, consumer experience, processing, eco-design and sustainability, visual impact and so on – in their respective categories.
The list of jury members is available here:
The ADF&PCD Innovation Awards have attracted increasing interest from outside the packaging industry in recent years – notably, the 2020 edition of the PCD Innovation Awards was covered by VOGUE Paris.
Need to know:
- Entry deadline: 30 October 2020
- Entry is free for brands and packaging suppliers
- The Innovation Awards are open to packs with a launch date between 1 December 2019 and 30 November 2020
- PCD Innovation Awards categories: Personal care – Body & Hair – Premium; Personal care – Body & Hair – Mass Market; Skincare – Premium; Skincare – Mass Market; Make-up – Premium; Make Up – Mass Market; Fragrances – Men/Unisex; Fragrances – Women/Unisex; Limited Edition Pack; Presentation/Secondary Pack (new for 2021); Sustainable Innovation
- ADF Innovation Awards categories: Personal Care; Household; Pharmaceutical & Veterinary; Food; Industrial & Technical Applications; Concept of the Year (a new category for 2021 open to products that are new innovations from packaging manufacturers that are not yet in use by a brand owner or end user); Sustainable Innovation
- Entries are open now through the new online portal for the ADF&PCD and PLD Innovation Awards at adfpcdparis.com/awards
- Finalists will be announced in December 2020
- Winners will be announced in January 2021
EASYFAIRS ORIEX is committed implementing all necessary sanitary measures in order to guarantee the safety of all visitors at ADF&PCD and PLD Paris 2021.
More details: https://www.adfpcdparis.com/en/safety-guidelines/
Share this article
Latest news from ADF&PCD and PLD Paris
PCD Innovation Awards 2020 winner – Lancôme’s Jasmin Marzipane