ADF and PCD Awards reveals 2020 shortlist
L’Oreal, Gucci, Chanel and many more competing for coveted awards
ADF&PCD and PLD Paris 2020, the dedicated event for the aerosol, dispensing, perfume, luxury drinks & cosmetic packaging community, has revealed the shortlist for this year’s ADF and PCD Awards.
The ADF and PCD Awards, now in their 14th and 16th years respectively, are designed to single out the very best innovations across the aerosol, dispensing and beauty sectors.
This year’s awards saw a wide range of entries across the 14 categories, receiving submissions from companies throughout the aerosol, perfume and cosmetics industries. In particular, the ‘Fragrances’ categories in the PCD Awards were the most competitive yet as more brands seek out new customers by pushing the creative boundaries.
Shortlisted entries in this year’s PCD event include submissions from the likes of Chanel, Gucci, Sephora and others. For the ADF awards, Tubex, Kao and Anyway Spray are just a handful of the brands that have entered.
Emma Appert, marketing leader for ADF&PCD and PLD Paris 2020, says: “The ADF and PCD Awards presentation ceremony is always a highlight of the event. When we opened nominations in June we were inundated with entries, and the judging panel has been hugely impressed by the innovation on display and the quality of the submissions.
“A prevalent tech-led trend has been the growth of 3D printing. This featured in multiple categories with brands using it as a vehicle for personalisation at scale and also for premiumisation. High volume products are increasingly able to level the playing field with competitors in the luxury space in exploring creative avenues to make packaging more sophisticated.”
The PCD Awards’ ‘Sustainability’ category proved so popular this year, the judging panel decided to split it into two separate awards: ‘Sustainable Development’ and ‘Onsite Refillable Devices’. This is testament to the growing sustainability conversation and action within the packaging community.
Jean Blottière, general secretary of Comité Français des Aérosols was president of the ADF Awards judging panel, which added judges from Kao, Johnson and Johnson, and Virbac to this year’s panel.
The PCD Awards jury was led by packaging expert Alain Béthune, and Hervé Bouix, senior vice president of packaging innovation at Estée Lauder. They welcomed Corinne Fugier-Garrel, packaging concept design director at L’Occitane en Provence to the panel for the first time.
Alain Béthune, jury co-president of the PCD Awards 2020, comments: “The two main themes that stood out this year were sustainability and the originality and quality of the fragrance concepts presented.
The quality of the products presented overall is quite remarkable. And the prestige market is no longer necessarily the only space where high-quality innovation is taking place.”
This ceremony is being hosted by television presenter Sandra Lou and will be held on the 29th January in the PCD conference room at 3:00pm, where all visitors to ADF&PCD and PLD Paris are welcome to attend. For further information, please visit the official website.
Personal Care – Aerosols:
- Kao – Cape Hair Spray
- Gatineau – Alkessence Ionactive Alkaline Mist
- Aerosol Service Poland – Actuo
- Toyo – Spaoxy Dual Gel
Personal Care – Dispensing
- Kao – Biore U Foam Stamp Hand Wash
- Virospack – Dropper with Massager Tip
- Tubex – Souvie
- Virospack – The Ring Push Button Dropper
- Kao – Attack Zero
- Daizo – 1-Push Insecticide With 1cc Metered Valve
- Anyway Spray – Deft
- Doc Ofta – Arnistil
- Virospack – The Secure Dropper
Industrial & Technical Application
- Lindal Dupont Great Stuff – Smart Dispenser
Aerosol Packaging Technology
- Tubex – Dove Men & Care
- Tubex – Aluminium Rise & Shine
- L’Oreal Paris – Magic Retouch
- Clarins – Plant Gold
- Yves Saint Laurent – Serum Reboot
- Cinq Mondes – Geto Supreme Le Contour Yeux Et Levres
- Armani – Designer Lift
- Chanel – Eye
- Chanel – Rouge Coco Flash
- Gucci – Satin and Sheer Lipstick
Make-Up Mass Market
- Shu Uemura – Rouge Unlimited Re-born
- Bourjois – One Second Eyeshadow
- L’Oreal Paris – Liner Matte Signature
- Rimmel – Lasting Finish Extreme Lipstick
Fragrances – Men
- Giorgio Armani – Acqua di Gio
- Jimmy Choo – Urban Hero
- Montblanc – Explorer Eau de Parfum
- Carolina Herrera – Bad Boy
Fragrances – Women
- Jean-Paul Gaultier – Le Beau
- Chloé – L’Atelier Des Fleurs
- Rochas Paris – Byzance
- Gucci – Acque Profumate
Fragrances – Women
- Lancôme – Idôle
- Paco Rabanne – Pacollection
- Azzaro – Wanted Girl
- Chanel – Mini T&S 7ml
Limited Edition Box
- Lancôme – Jasmin Marzipane
- Chanel – Coffret Les Exclusifs Coromandel et Les Maisons D’art
- Gucci – Candle
- Chanel – Coffret Noel Rouge Allure 2019
- L’Oreal Paris / Garnier / Botanicals – Elseve / Ultra Doux / Fresh Care
- weDo – Professional
- Philosophy – Nature In A Jar
- Dop / Redken – Le Shampooing Tres Doux / Color Extend Browlights
- Biolage – Hydrasource Pack
- Sephora – GOOD FOR SKIN. YOU. ALL.
Onsite Refillable Devices
- L’Occitane – Verbena Fountain
- Lancôme – Fontaine Idôle
- Chanel – Fill Up
Share this article